Configuring a QuickCluster
Use the Apple Qmaster Sharing window to configure the cluster controller and service
To configure the cluster controller and service node computers
In Compressor, choose Apple Qmaster > Share This Computer.
The Apple Qmaster Sharing pane appears.
Select the “Share this computer” checkbox.
All other settings in this window should be correct by default:
• The “as QuickCluster with services” option should be selected.
• Rendering should not be selected.
• Compressor should be selected.
• “Require these services to only be used in managed clusters” should not be selected.
• A default name for this QuickCluster appears in the “Identify this QuickCluster as” text
• “Include unmanaged services from other computers” should be selected.
• “Require password” should not be selected.
For more information about these settings, see
About Basic Settings in the Apple Qmaster
Apple Qmaster and Distributed Processing
This creates a QuickCluster with this computer as its controller and one instance of
processing services. For information about multiple service instances, see
Clusters to Make the Most of Multicore Computers