About the MPEG-1 Audio Tab
You use the Audio tab to make settings related to the audio format.
• Enabled checkbox: Make sure this checkbox is selected if you want the MPEG-1 output
format to include the Audio tab settings.
• Sample Rate pop-up menu: Choose the sample rate of the output audio.
• 48 kHz: Required for use on DVDs.
• 44.1 kHz: Used on audio CDs. This is the most commonly supported sample rate.
• Channels buttons: Select the channel valence (stereo or mono) for the output media
• Stereo: Select this button to create a stereo output audio file.
• Mono: Select this button to create a mono output audio file.
Creating MPEG-1 Output Files
• Bit Rate pop-up menu: Choose the bit rate to use for the output audio. Choices are
64 kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 224 kbps, and 384 kbps. Higher bit rates produce higher
quality audio, but they also produce larger output files.
Note: The 224 kbps and 384 kbps settings are not available when Channels is set to