MPEG-4 Encoder Pane General Settings
The MPEG-4 Part 2 pane contains the following items:
• File Extension field: Displays the MPEG-4 Part 2 file extension (.mp4) as soon as the
MPEG-4 output format is selected from the File Format pop-up menu or the (+) pop-up
menu in the Settings tab.
Creating MPEG-4 Output Files
• Allow Job Segmenting: This checkbox allows you to turn off job segmenting. It is relevant
only if you are using Compressor with distributed processing and with multi-pass
encoding. Since the MPEG-4 Part 2 format uses single-pass VBR, you can leave this
checkbox selected in all cases for added speed gains with distributed processing. For
more information, see
Job Segmenting and Two-Pass or Multi-Pass Encoding
• Video, Audio, and Streaming buttons: These buttons open the Video, Audio, and
Streaming panes, described next.
• Enhanced Podcast (m4a file): Select this checkbox to ensure that podcasting annotations
and metadata are written to the output media file. This is available for audio files only.
To make this option available, deselect the Video Enabled checkbox at the top of the
• Fit marker images within: Use this to specify the width and height of the podcast marker
images when creating an audio podcast. You can also click the Automatic button to
have Compressor enter the values. This option is only available when the Video Enabled
checkbox at the top of the Video pane is deselected. See
Stage 5: Creating and
Configuring Markers for the Output Media File
for more information.