The Summary pane contains the Summary table, which describes all the settings (video
and audio settings, geometry, and filter settings) associated with the setting selected in
the Settings tab. Information in the Summary table is updated automatically whenever
any setting is modified.
The Compressor Interface
The Summary table includes the following details.
• Name: The name of the setting selected in the Settings tab.
• Description: A description of the setting selected in the Settings tab.
• File Extension: The extension assigned to the transcoded media file. This identifies which
format your source media file is being converted to.
• Estimated file size: When assigned to a source media file, this shows the estimated total
file size. When not assigned to a source media file, this shows an estimated size per
hour of source media.
Note: The estimated total file size is not available for all output formats.
• Audio Encoder: Details of the audio output file format and other transcoding settings,
such as sample rate, channels, bits per sample, and codec type.
• Video Encoder: Details of the video output file format and other transcoding settings
such as frame width and height, crop amount (in pixels), frame rate, aspect ratio, codec
type, pixel depth, spatial quality, minimum spatial quality, key frame interval, temporal
quality, minimum temporal quality, and data rate (in bits per second).
• Filter: Details of all, some, or none (depending on how many filters you selected in the
Filters pane) of the available Compressor filters.